Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 6 Reading Reflection


I think the biggest surprise of this article is that overall, most businesses don’t understand that competition isn’t just between competitors but rather a broader range of factors. In the article five broad topics are listed but each one goes into greater detail. What I got confused about was a few specific forces such as structure of the company versus how the company is regulated. I am just confused because a lot if the stuff in the article sounds the same; however, porter compares it to one another. If I were to ask him a question it would be how he distinguishes between the different specific factors such as the structure. The only thing I disagree with would be that rivalry is destructive. I understand that too much can be damaging but I do believe that a little bit of rivalry is healthy. It pushes the companies to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment