Monday, February 1, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1


Elevator Pitch No. 1

Company Name:

Décor Swap

Opportunity:

College students moving from dorm to apartment to house. Problem? Each space needs different accessories. The dorm needs twin size bedding and everything mini. Apartment and house need furniture and more décor. But what do you do with your old stuff? Throw it away? Sell it and pay ridiculous shipping costs? How do you buy new stuff? How do you find new stuff and transfers it hours away?

Solution:

My solution to this is an app that allows you to post what you want to buy or sell or rent within the college campus. This allows you to find things quickly in your surrounding area. Also, by only having it work within the campus, you can be sure that your décor and other accessories work for your dorm or apartment.
*Please ignore how awkward this video is.   


4 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney, I enjoyed your idea for this elevator pitch. It almost reminds me of an ebay or craigslist type business but that pertains to college students and their needs. I could definitely see this being successful, it would just be the marketing efforts and making the app popular that would be tough. Check out my elevator pitch here:
    http://keifermcclainent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no1.html

    P.S. I like you’re “awkward” warning above the video : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your elevator pitch. It makes a lot of sense that when moving from dorm to apartment to house takes way different types of furniture and decor. It does get tough having to move everything to another situation of living especially if it won't fit or work with the new pad. I like the idea that is really just for student or people around the campus. I really think this could work! check out my elevator pitch if you would like! http://kingkeith2935.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1-week-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Courtney, my name is Gabe and i really did enjoy your elevator pitch because I am a huge online shopper and reminded me of a craisglist type of idea. This app would certainly make it easier to buy things for college students and also makes it more visible for one to see. Many times people don't want to read a huge article in order to buy the item when they really just want to see a picture and that is all. Your idea is great! check mine out! http://gerb95.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Courtney, I really enjoyed your elevator pitch and your idea. I feel like you can really run with and create something that people really need because I use it to get rid of stuff. The only issue that I do have is the actual pitch. I feel like you did not sell it to me. You told me what I is but you did not persuade me to use it. You did not tell me the benefits of using it or why I should use it instead of something like craigslist who has no shipping cost either. I did not do my elevator pitch 1 but please watch my elevator pitch 2 at

    jazzybiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete